Happy Sunday, Alabama fans! It should be smooth sailing for the Crimson Tide from here on out. They had no problems with LSU last week, and this week — despite some saying they were on upset alert — they took care of Mississippi State 31-6. Alabama is in the driver’s seat.
Here are 10 things to know:
- After Alabama beat LSU, former LSU players now in the NFL had to don some Alabama gear after they lost a bet.
- Alabama had nine sacks against Mississippi State on Saturday. That surprised one Alabama linebacker.
- Defensive lineman Jonathan Allen had three of those sacks and even ran into coach Nick Saban once, leaving Saban with a cut on his cheek.
- Are LSU and Alabama getting into it over Instagram?
- Heisman candidate and Alabama running back Derrick Henry is freaky fast. Saban thinks he’s even faster than he appears.
- There was a report that offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin interviewed for the head coaching position at Maryland. Now another report is saying that’s not the case.
- ‘Bama lost two players to injury during the Mississippi State game.
- Running back Kenyan Drake has a fractured arm and is expected to be out for three weeks.
- Watch this incredible touchdown by wide receiver Calvin Ridley.
- It looks like officials missed a block in the back on an Alabama punt return touchdown.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- If you missed the game Saturday at Mississippi State, Sports Illustrated’s Pete Thamel has some rapid reactions, hitting the most important takeaways.
- AL.com’s Matt Zenitz also kept a running blog throughout the game.
- It was a combination of Henry’s performance and the defense’s abilities that got the job done in Starkville, Miss., the Times Daily’s Alex Byington wrote.
- Henry doesn’t get too wrapped up in chatter surrounding him or Alabama when he takes the field. Instead, he keeps it simple, AL.com’s John Talty wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- Emotions ran high at Mississippi State on Saturday — especially for one family that was the recipient of a special military surprise.
- Arkansas pulled off the upset over LSU.
- Before that happened, an Arkansas offensive lineman wasn’t too popular in Baton Rouge, La., on Saturday when he danced on LSU’s “Tiger Eye” before the game.
- LSU showed its respect to those who were attacked in Paris on Friday night by coming out of the tunnel Saturday with both a French and an American flag.
- Florida closed out its conference play with a win against South Carolina. Check out five things SEC Country observed from that win.