Monday’s are the worst, but the week of the Cotton Bowl is finally here. Only three more days of having to watch other bowl games to keep yourself entertained, ‘Bama fans.
Here are 10 things to know:
- Alabama got into the Christmas Spirit this weekend. Running back Derrick Henry and offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin shared with the media what they would give to Nick Saban for the holiday.
- Last week, Michigan State’s defenders said that in order to be competitive with Henry, they’ll have to “hit him harder than we’ve ever hit anyone else.” Henry had no problems with that comment. It’s just strategy.
- It’s no secret Henry is nearly impossible to contain, but Michigan State is trying everything it can think of to prepare for Alabama’s superstar running back in practice.
- Kiffin has vocalized his desire to coach for Alabama again in 2016.
- But it’s not crazy to think that Kiffin could be offered a head coaching job again sooner rather than later. When that opportunity presents itself, Kiffin said it’s important that he take what he has learned from each stop, but establish his own style.
- While we’re on the subject of Kiffin, the colorful offensive coordinator had a little fun poking fun at Ohio State’s Ezekiel Elliott in a press conference Sunday.
- It’s the best time of the year with the best games of the season coming up. In turn, Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio’s quote game has been strong lately. See what he said about Nick Saban.
- Three-star wide receiver Korey Banks is committed to North Carolina, but Alabama has made an offer. Banks has said though he’s still firmly with the Tar Heels.
- While Banks might be uncertain about Alabama, one defensive end says the Crimson Tide have a strong chance at landing him.
- Another recruit thinks Saban is the best coach that college football has.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Alabama and Michigan State were fortunate enough to miss a deadly tornado in Dallas, USA Today’s Daniel Uthman wrote.
- There’s a bit of symmetry in both Alabama and Michigan State being back in Texas at this point in their seasons, the AP’s Ralph D. Russo wrote.
- AL.com’s Matt Zenitz breaks down why Kiffin might deserve more praise than he’s getting for his job as the Crimson Tide’s offensive coordinator.
- Senior running back Kenyan Drake broke his arm in November, but he was good to go for the SEC Championship game and now he’s fully ready for the College Football Playoff. AL.com’s Michael Casagrande found out the details behind Drake’s speedy recovery.
The best stories around the SEC
- Al Jazeera news network alleged that Peyton Manning used human growth hormone in 2011. Manning has adamantly denied any usage and is likely going to sue the network.
- Florida has suspended one of its running backs for the Gators’ bowl game due to his marijuana citation.
- That’s not the only player Florida will be without, though. Two other players are also suspended, but for academic reasons.
- Steve Spurrier might be returning to South Carolina afterall. The former coach has an offer to serve as the school’s athletic ambassador.
- According to a report, Auburn could be landing a defensive coordinator soon.
- One Auburn commit spent his Christmas weekend with a child battling leukemia.