Happy Friday, ‘Bama fans. Nick Saban will make his final pitches to recruits this weekend, and if all goes as planned, the nation’s No. 1 recruit might be one of them. No pressure?
Here are 10 things to know:
- It’s hard to know what’s for certain, but here’s who Alabama could be competing with for a five-star defensive tackle recruit.
- Everyone at Senior Bowl is getting a glimpse of speedster Kenyan Drake.
- We all remember the 38-0 thrashing Alabama handed Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl. Ohio State players feel like the Buckeyes would have fared better.
- For all of you planners out there, Alabama’s 2017 opponents have been finalized. Get those calendars out.
- Here are eight people to learn about on the South squad at Senior Bowl. Actually, only five … you’re already familiar with three of them.
- Another recruiting mystery — this time involving a five-star linebacker’s finalists.
- Reggie Ragland’s days as an Alabama player are over, but he’s bringing his helmet with him even after he leaves campus.
- Jim Harbaugh beat out Saban and another SEC coach for a three-star recruit.
- SEC Country got on video to break down standouts from the Senior Bowl.
- Last but not least, the nation’s top wide receiver will visit Alabama.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Cyrus Jones is eager to show that he is cut out for the NFL, AL.com’s John Talty wrote.
- A former Alabama assistant coach chatted with AL.com’s Michael Casagrande about this year’s Crimson Tide team and what Amari Cooper is doing with the Raiders.
- If you feel like listening and not reading, AL.com has a recruiting podcast featuring Drew Champlin and Mark Jennings.
The best stories around the SEC
- Missouri’s Maty Mauk was dismissed from the football team.
- Perhaps in the long run though, it could be a good thing for both parties.
- Mauk put out a handwritten statement following the decision. His teammates also responded.
- Looks like Kirby Smart really has learned from Saban. Just like Saban did earlier this year, Smart touched down in a helicopter to visit a recruit.
- Here are five SEC assistants that could be head coaches in the near future.