There’s a slew of interesting storylines from Alabama today between recruits and spring practice and what’s ahead for the Crimson Tide. Happy Friday, Alabama fans. Start the weekend off right with all of your news.
Here are 10 things to know:
- The basketball team beat Ole Miss on Thursday after coach Avery Johnson lit a fire under his star player at halftime.
- Who impressed and who might have struggled at ‘Bama’s Pro Day? SEC Country gives our take.
- A four-star wide receiver has two SEC schools in his top nine, including Alabama.
- Continuing with the series that determines Nick Saban’s top 50 players ever, here are who SEC Country thinks come in at 16-20.
- One Alabama signee backed out of his commitment to his dream school, which also happens to be one of Alabama’s biggest rivals. Why?
- Bracketology isn’t just for the NCAA Tournament.
- Find out who Alabama will play for its homecoming game this season.
- The SEC Tournament is on the receiving end of some nasty weather.
- Alabama is a contender, but it doesn’t look like the Crimson Tide will be getting this late signee. He’ll announce his decision Monday.
- Several elite recruits will be in attendance for the beginning of Alabama’s spring practice period.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Bleacher Report’s Christopher Walsh ranks Alabama’s toughest games of the 2016 schedule.
- Reggie Ragland elected to not run the 40-yard dash at Alabama’s Pro Day. AL.com’s John Talty explains why.
- If you’re in the mood for some hoops, Talty also has a podcast that breaks down the Alabama basketball team and the job Avery Johnson did in his first year as the head of the program.
The best stories around the SEC
- Tennessee beat Vanderbilt in a thriller in the SEC Tournament.
- The SEC tournament might be fun to watch, but Kentucky coach John Calipari doesn’t like it. Here’s why.
- An Ole Miss guard is doing his best Steph Curry impression in Nashville for the tournament.
- It looks like Calipari’s son will be on his Kentucky team next season as a walk-on.
- Kevin Hart and an LSU track athlete had a friendly race against each other. Who won?