11 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
Good morning, Alabama fans! Derrick Henry is a Heisman finalist, Nick Saban is losing some former assistants and one player has announced he’s transferring. Could Tuscaloosa be more hectic?
Here are 11 things to know:
- We all knew it was coming but on Monday it became official. Henry is one of three Heisman finalists.
- Junior wide receiver Chris Black has decided to transfer.
- According to a report, Saban’s assistant, Aazaar Abdul-Rahim, is leaving for Maryland.
- As you know by now, Kirby Smart is leaving the Crimson Tide to become UGA’s next head coach. And he’s taking former Alabama associate director of player personnel Glenn Schumann with him.
- Check out Henry’s top 3 plays from the SEC Championship game.
- ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit thinks ‘Bama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin has earned another chance at being a head coach.
- Saban is gonna have to duke it out with Smart if he wants to land this 5-star linebacker.
- As he continues to make his transition into UGA’s next coach, the coach of the Atlanta Falcons gave Smart some advice.
- What did Smart tell his new team this weekend? “I talked to them about change.”
- Alabama’s got one more chance at trying to nab an Ole Miss commit.
- One of America’s top defensive tackles will announce his college decision Dec. 17.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Scout took a deeper look at Alabama’s 2016 recruiting class.
- More on Black’s transfer from AL.com’s John Talty.
- We know the Heisman finalists now and the voting could be extremely close, AL.com’s Michael Casagrande wrote.
- Smart is obviously busy with his new job at UGA, but it’s important to him that he coaches Alabama through the College Football Playoff, the Times Daily’s Alex Byington wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- Here’s why Smart has a good chance at having some quick success at UGA.
- One of the first things Smart has to do in Athens? Instill a sense of belief.
- In his press conference, Smart touched on what makes Alabama so successful.
- Shots have been fired already. South Carolina’s new coach Will Muschamp took a jab at UGA in his first press conference.
- More on Muschamp’s first presser here.