Today’s newsletter is recruiting central with all your updates on the top prospects Alabama is still trying to land. Let’s get straight to it.
Here are 11 things to know:
- The bizarre, wild drama continues: Is Raekwon Davis committed to Alabama, Mississippi State … or both?
- Florida State commit Amir Rasul is still firmly committed to the Seminoles, but it sounds like anything could happen on signing day.
- A four-star offensive lineman has Alabama in his all-SEC top three.
- One of Alabama’s current players, cornerback Minkah Fitzpatrick is helping recruit who the Crimson Tide hopes is one of its future players.
- The nation’s No. 6 linebacker has his list down to five schools. Alabama is one of them.
- The nation’s No. 1 athlete is also interested in Alabama. The Crimson Tide could be the favorites to land him.
- Alabama legacy Ben Davis — the nation’s top inside linebacker — has moved his official visit up a week.
- The nation’s No. 11 cornerback enjoyed the no-pressure feel of his official visit to Alabama.
- Louisville quarterback commit Jawon Pass will take an official visit to ‘Bama.
- Five-star prospect Jonathan Kongbo has said Alabama will make his top four.
- Last but not least, O.J. Howard is coming back for his senior year. As is defensive lineman Jonathan Allen.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Alabama opens up the 2016 season with Southern California in Arlington, Texas. USC will certainly have its hands full, ESPN’s Greg Katz wrote.
- AL.com’s John Talty took a comprehensive look at the Crimson Tide’s projected 2016 depth chart.
- With Derrick Henry declaring for the NFL Draft, AL.com’s Matt Zenitz put together a slideshow breaking down how former Alabama running backs have performed in the NFL.