Today’s one of the stronger days in the world of Alabama newsletters because you’re getting that rare 3-for-1 deal. We’ve got updates for you on high school players, college players and former players. Hump Day, no more.
Here are 12 things to know:
- In case you missed it, here are the top 16 Alabama recruiting stories from the weekend.
- Derrick Henry’s hometown has some special celebrations in store for its Heisman winner.
- Shaq thinks LSU should have shelled out enough money to keep Nick Saban with the Tigers instead of jumping to the Miami Dolphins and then eventually, Alabama.
- Forget hotels. Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is shaking up the recruiting world by sleeping over at recruits’ homes. His next target is someone ‘Bama wants, too.
- Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy has made it clear: Eddie Lacy must shed some weight before next season.
- Remember the Raekwon Davis saga? The one that involves no one knowing where he’s actually committed between Alabama and Mississippi State? Davis will visit Alabama this weekend, according to a report.
- Former Alabama star Amari Cooper has been named a finalist for the NFL’s Rookie of the Year award.
- There’s a case to be made that Alabama has the toughest schedule of all SEC West schools next season.
- Three-star wide receiver Korey Banks is committed to North Carolina, but he’ll head to Alabama this weekend for a visit.
- Alabama is just one of a slew of schools vying for junior college prospect Jonathan Kongbo.
- Alabama’s “lack of recruitment” has the Crimson Tide missing out on four-star linebacker Jeffrey McCulloch, who is no longer interested.
- According to a source, an Alabama running back commit needs to improve his test scores before enrolling at the University.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Continuing the recruiting news, AL.com’s Drew Champlin wrote that Alabama is solidly pursuing a former Oregon commit.
- Reggie Ragland won’t be there next year when Alabama opens its 2016 season, but the senior nonetheless gave his insight on what you might expect for the future, AL.com’s Michael Casagrande wrote.
- How does Jake Coker stack up to other Alabama quarterbacks in the NFL? AL.com’s Matt Zenitz took a look.
- Coca-Cola has special Alabama national championship Coke cans, ABC 33/40 wrote.
- O.J. Howard returning to Alabama gives the Crimson Tide its final opportunity to use him appropriately, ESPN’s Alex Scarborough wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- The SEC brought in more than $500 million from the College Football Playoff and SEC Network, according to a report.
- A Florida defensive back was upset that athletes brought in that much money and received essentially none of it, so he took to Twitter to vent.
- Auburn’s Gus Malzahn doesn’t have to really worry about his future at this point in time.
- Tennessee got some good news with running back Alvin Kamara returning next year, so the Vols made a rap to welcome him back.
- Cam Newton is known for giving game balls to kids in the stands after when he scores. Fox Sports talked to some of those kids.