The questions have been answered, Alabama fans. The Crimson Tide pulled it out, Derrick Henry won the running backs battle with ease and this season just got a whole lot more interesting. Wind down from last night with all your Alabama news. Happy Sunday.
Here are 11 things to know:
- Henry had a dominant performance Saturday night, putting on a clinic compared to LSU’s Leonard Fournette. In the meantime, he also tied a Tim Tebow record and likely got himself back in the Heisman race.
- Now that Alabama has beaten LSU, one freshman linebacker thinks the Crimson Tide could win it all.
- In addition to the win, Alabama got some good news on the recruiting front, too. Trevon Diggs, the brother of Minnesota Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs, has plans to suit up for the Crimson Tide during his collegiate career.
- The always-creative fans didn’t disappoint during this rivalry with loads of clever signs.
- Nick Saban joined the College GameDay crew hours before kickoff to share his thoughts on the highly anticipated matchup.
- Speaking of the College GameDay crew, 75 percent of them predicted LSU would win the matchup. But it was the opposite with SEC Nation, with three of their four pickers going with the Crimson Tide.
- Before the game Saturday, Alabama quarterback Jake Coker found himself still bothered by the Ole Miss loss.
- Apparently Coker wasn’t the only one who has been thinking about that loss lately, though. SEC Nation weighed in, as well.
- The University was disgusted when it found out that Alabama fans had hung an offensive banner referencing Hurricane Katrina.
- It’s become controversial recently, but the student section was happy to hear Dixieland Delight again.
- If you’re tired of reading by now, take a break with a video of the blocked field goal. It speaks for itself.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- After the Alabama fans hung the Katrina sign, Odell Beckham Jr. was quick to back up LSU, his former school, Bleacher Report’s Thomas Duffy wrote.
- AL.com’s Michael Casagrande has all the quick hits from Saban’s postgame press conference.
- Also from Casagrande, hear from Henry on his monster performance.
The best stories around the SEC
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema had the funniest word slip Saturday night after his Razorbacks stunned Ole Miss.
- You can see the highlights of that wild matchup here.
- At least two dozen Missouri football players are refusing to play until the school’s president Tim Wolfe either quits or is dismissed.
- A Leonard Fournette game-worn jersey against South Carolina sold for thousands. That money will now benefit flood victims.
- The Gators are your SEC East champions.