Still feels good, doesn’t it? Just like it burned for a full year after Alabama lost to Ohio State a season ago, this national championship feeling will likely stick around for Alabama fans at least until football season ramps up again next fall. But for Nick Saban, it’s back to work already. Let’s see what he and the team are up to.
Here are 13 things to know:
- It’s time for players to decide if they’ll leave for the NFL draft or not.
- Check out four critical plays that might have gone under the radar Monday night.
- How does Alabama repeat Monday night and win again next year?
- Find out what Saban and the nation’s top inside linebacker said to each other on the phone after the Crimson Tide won the title.
- You can’t make this stuff up — Lane Kiffin missed the team bus after the game.
- But not to worry, Saban gave him a lift.
- The Alabama coaching staff weighed in on Nick Saban’s gutsy call.
- According to a report, Alabama’s national championship run paid assistant coaches more than $1 million in bonuses.
- Alabama is the cover of Sports Illustrated this week.
- The thought of eventually retiring isn’t something Saban wants to think about right now.
- Alabama celebrated all the way onto the SEC Network set.
- Derrick Henry and Mark Ingram have walked a similar path.
- A top linebacker will visit Alabama on Jan. 22.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- More on Saban’s decision to not move toward retirement right now, from ESPN’s Heather Dinich.
- It was the little people that helped make the difference in winning the national championship, AL.com’s Matt Zenitz wrote.
- Those NFL decisions Alabama players have to make are going to sneak up soon. How do they make such a huge decision so quickly? AL.com’s Michael Casagrande has you covered.
- It’s been a wild ride for Lane Kiffin up until this point, but he redeemed his first national championship performance Monday night, AL.com’s John Talty wrote.
- According to Yahoo, “there is already speculation” that Saban could be headed to the NFL.
The best stories around the SEC
- According to a report, Mississippi State has found a new defensive coordinator.
- Take a stroll down memory lane and check out some of the SEC’s best teams that didn’t go on to win the national title.
- The way-too-early top-25 projections are out. The SEC looks good.
- Mark your calendars for the best SEC games in September.