Signing Day is officially single-digit days away and Alabama is pushing as hard as ever to get the commitments it wants. It’ll take some strong recruits to replicate this season’s success and Saban is pulling out all the stops.
This weekend was a big one with several visitors on campus.
Here are 14 things to know:
- First things first, Saban is undoubtedly focused on the future, but during Alabama’s national championship parade he took a moment to reflect on this past season.
- Get your latest dosage of the Raekwon Davis saga here.
- Alabama was looking forward to a visit from the nation’s No. 1 athlete, but the weather prevented him from coming.
- A former Alabama running back will now suit up for South Carolina.
- Alabama is battling with Florida among others for a tight end recruit. But the recruit didn’t make it to Florida’s campus for his official visit.
- The nation’s top outside linebacker is feeling really good about his official visit to Alabama.
- As for the nation’s No. 2 outside linebacker? It looks like he saw some new and improved dance moves from Saban.
- Continuing with the theme of linebackers, the nation’s top inside linebacker now has Alabama leading his list of schools.
- A three-star junior college prospect was impressed with Saban when he came to campus.
- Miami seems to have a bit of an advantage on this four-star wide receiver, but Alabama is on his mind.
- A four-star cornerback listed Alabama in his final two.
- A four-star offensive tackle has Alabama in his final six, but the Crimson Tide might have made some headway with him over the weekend.
- Check out who Greg McElroy thinks will be Alabama’s starting quarterback in 2016.
- Urban Meyer isn’t sold on Saban being the all-time best.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- More on the national championship parade, from Marq Burnett and USA Today.
- AL.com’s Matt Zenitz compiled some tweets from recruits that visited Alabama during the weekend.
- Check out what game Saban decided to play with a four-star offensive tackle, via CBSSports’ Tom Fornelli.
The best stories around the SEC
- Peyton Manning is going back to the Super Bowl. See how Twitter reacted.
- South Carolina is continuing to prove it can hold its own in Georgia with recruiting.
- Kentucky’s basketball team seems to be turning the corner.
- A Florida State commit changed his mind on signing with the Seminoles back in December. Now he has a new team in the SEC.