Hello, Alabama fans! The Crimson Tide are back in full swing, preparing for their final game of the year. Practice is rolling, things are busy. Let’s waste no time.
Here are 15 things to know:
- Alabama already has an advantage over Clemson heading into the national title game: more time to practice.
- Alabama suspended defensive back Tony Brown for the Cotton Bowl. Based on what Nick Saban said Monday, it’s not crazy to think Brown could still be suspended for the national championship.
- Clemson is optimistic that defensive end Shaq Lawson will be ready to roll for the Jan. 11 matchup after sustaining an MCL sprain in the Orange Bowl.
- Calvin Ridley’s younger brother, Cavin, committed to South Carolina recently. But just two days later, he changed his mind. Could Alabama be on the radar?
- Saban has been quite the mentor to first-year Alabama basketball coach Avery Johnson so far.
- How did Clemson’s defensive line get so good? It modeled Alabama.
- Saban said that Clemson’s Deshaun Watson will be the best dual-threat quarterback the Crimson Tide has seen in quite some time.
- Jonathan Allen’s quippy one-liner has been shared all over the Internet.
- But while Allen might be having some fun off the field, on the field it’s all business. See what he said about how he approaches practice.
- Four-star wide receiver Mykel Jones has Ole Miss at the top of his list, but ‘Bama is in the top 3.
- Another 4-star receiver, Ahmmon Richards, has ‘Bama in his top 4.
- One former Clemson wide receiver has a bold prediction for the national title game.
- Alabama players are still laughing at Saban’s dance moves from the Cotton Bowl.
- The nation’s No. 1 athlete has Alabama at the top of his list. Here’s why.
- Who is playing Deshaun Watson on the scout team? A new face for the Crimson Tide.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Check out the full Monday practice report from AL.com’s Matt Zenitz.
- More on what Saban and Alabama players said about Clemson, also from Zenitz.
- We all know about Deshaun Watson, but Zenitz outlined six other Clemson players you should know before the title game.
- What do both team Clemson and Alabama share in common? Dynamic defensive lines, USA Today’s Dan Wolken wrote.
- One more story from AL.com: Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is rooting for Clemson. He thinks Watson will be a handful for the Tide.
The best stories around the SEC
- The Browns found Johnny Manziel, but the drama continues with the controversial quarterback.
- Oklahoma quarterback Trevor Knight is Texas A&M bound.
- Also in transfer news, Purdue’s Austin Appleby is headed to Florida.
- Props for honesty: this recruit isn’t feeling South Carolina.
- Will Muschamp is taking a reasonable approach into his first season at South Carolina.
- Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil is declaring for the NFL draft.