Clemson and Alabama both fly to Arizona Friday for the national championship game. Where has the time gone?! It’s getting real, Alabama fans.
Here are 15 things to know:
- Kick your day off with a practice report from Thursday, a day that saw both Kirby Smart and Jeremy Pruitt in attendance.
- Speaking of Smart, the ‘Bama defensive coordinator touched on what it is that makes his unit so dominant.
- ESPN’s Paul Finebaum thinks it’s possible Nick Saban could be even better than Alabama’s beloved Bear Bryant if the Tide win Monday night.
- Altee Tenpenny is on the minds of Alabama players frequently. Reggie Ragland said this season is dedicated to him.
- Calvin Ridley has had quite the season, making an immediate splash as a freshman. It’s come as no surprise to Lane Kiffin and Jake Coker.
- In fact, Ridley could be the X-factor in Alabama’s national title run.
- Check out what Dabo Swinney said in his hour-long press conference.
- Could the next Cyrus Jones be coming to Alabama?
- Now that bowl season is over, take a look back at five major storylines from around the SEC.
- LSU has offered one of Alabama’s four-star commits.
- Former ‘Bama coach Gene Stallings thinks about half of the SEC could have beaten Michigan State.
- Nick Saban quipped that his daughter gave him a hard time for his dance moves.
- It doesn’t seem very likely, but it’s at least possible that Alabama could still land five-star linebacker Mique Juarez. He’ll take an official visit on Jan. 22.
- The nation’s No. 3 defensive tackle explained what it is that could draw him to signing with Alabama.
- This four-star defensive tackle is committed to Alabama but still isn’t totally sold on officially signing with the Crimson Tide.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Sports Illustrated’s Lindsay Schnell talked with former Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd and current Alabama play-by-play announcer Eli Gold about the big game on her podcast. Listen here.
- Alabama had four off-the-field sessions in the Spring that laid the groundwork for a strong team atmosphere, USA Today’s Daniel Uthman wrote.
- Don’t miss a beat. Here is Alabama’s full schedule between now and the time it leaves for Arizona, from AL.com’s Matt Zenitz.
- Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson has been electric all season and if Alabama is going to win Monday, it must stop him. Here are a few areas where Watson could have trouble, from Fox Sports’ Stewart Mandel.
The best stories around the SEC
- LeBron James’ marketing agency is done with Johnny Manziel.
- Tennessee and defensive coordinator John Jancek have called it quits.
- Here are some of his possible replacements.
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze and his staff are getting a raise.
- According to a report, Texas A&M has found its new athletic director.