Just about 36 hours until go-time, Alabama fans. You’re coming down the home stretch. Read up.
Here are 16 things to know:
- According to a report, Alabama quarterback Alec Morris is set to transfer to North Texas.
- Nick Saban has already fully secured his place in Alabama’s history — even if he were to ever leave for the NFL.
- One of the nation’s best wide receivers has Alabama in his three final schools. He’ll announce where he’s headed Saturday during the Under Armour All-America Game.
- It might not be the favorite to win the Cotton Bowl, but Michigan State isn’t preparing with that mentality.
- All season long, Alabama’s defense and front seven have been lauded for their dominance. But Michigan State’s front seven certainly has its strong points, too.
- SEC Country took a look at the film in preparation of the Alabama-Michigan State matchup. Check it out.
- Michigan State has also watched a hefty amount of film. And the Spartans think they know what it takes to beat the Crimson Tide.
- Wide receiver Calvin Ridley has filled big shoes for the Crimson Tide since the beginning of the season, but he hasn’t done it without his aches and pains.
- Alabama players seem to love to imitate Saban these days. They were back at it Tuesday.
- Junior pass rusher Tim Williams will share his abilities with Alabama again next year. He won’t be heading to the NFL draft this year.
- Quarterback Jake Coker has made massive strides this season. When was the turning point? Offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin knows.
- This year Alabama really means business. No messing around in Dallas.
- He might not have been recruited heavily at first, but now one prospect has lots of attention from SEC schools.
- He’s committed to UNC, but Korey Banks will officially visit South Carolina and Alabama, both.
- Five years ago, Coker’s mom had no issues telling Jeremy Pruitt exactly how she felt.
- Could Alabama swoop in and win over 3-star offensive tackle Marcus Tatum?
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Alabama players showed off some of their dance moves Tuesday, AL.com’s Kelsey Stein wrote.
- He’s now Michigan State’s co-defensive coordinator, but it wasn’t too long ago when Harlon Barnett was getting some help from Saban as he went after a broadcasting career, AL.com’s Matt Zenitz wrote.
- Check out Cotton Bowl predictions from the Detroit News’ staff.
The best stories around the SEC
- LSU’s Leonard Fournette is now the school’s single-season rushing touchdown record holder.
- The Eagles have fired Chip Kelly. Could he head to the SEC from here?
- Florida coach Jim McElwain opened up about one of his suspended players.
- Check out what McElwain hopes to get out of his quarterback in the bowl game.
- Texas A&M will be without one of its most important players for the Music City Bowl.