Just about 36 hours until go-time, Alabama fans. You’re coming down the home stretch. Read up.
Here are 16 things to know:
- According to a report, Alabama quarterback Alec Morris is set to transfer to North Texas.
- Nick Saban has already fully secured his place in Alabama’s history — even if he were to ever leave for the NFL.
- One of the nation’s best wide receivers has Alabama in his three final schools. He’ll announce where he’s headed Saturday during the Under Armour All-America Game.
- It might not be the favorite to win the Cotton Bowl, but Michigan State isn’t preparing with that mentality.
- All season long, Alabama’s defense and front seven have been lauded for their dominance. But Michigan State’s front seven certainly has its strong points, too.
- SEC Country took a look at the film in preparation of the Alabama-Michigan State matchup. Check it out.
- Michigan State has also watched a hefty amount of film. And the Spartans think they know what it takes to beat the Crimson Tide.
- Wide receiver Calvin Ridley has filled big shoes for the Crimson Tide since the beginning of the season, but he hasn’t done it without his aches and pains.
- Alabama players seem to love to imitate Saban these days. They were back at it Tuesday.
- Junior pass rusher Tim Williams will share his abilities with Alabama again next year. He won’t be heading to the NFL draft this year.
- Quarterback Jake Coker has made massive strides this season. When was the turning point? Offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin knows.
- This year Alabama really means business. No messing around in Dallas.
- He might not have been recruited heavily at first, but now one prospect has lots of attention from SEC schools.
- He’s committed to UNC, but Korey Banks will officially visit South Carolina and Alabama, both.
- Five years ago, Coker’s mom had no issues telling Jeremy Pruitt exactly how she felt.
- Could Alabama swoop in and win over 3-star offensive tackle Marcus Tatum?
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Alabama players showed off some of their dance moves Tuesday, AL.com’s Kelsey Stein wrote.
- He’s now Michigan State’s co-defensive coordinator, but it wasn’t too long ago when Harlon Barnett was getting some help from Saban as he went after a broadcasting career, AL.com’s Matt Zenitz wrote.
- Check out Cotton Bowl predictions from the Detroit News’ staff.
The best stories around the SEC
- LSU’s Leonard Fournette is now the school’s single-season rushing touchdown record holder.
- The Eagles have fired Chip Kelly. Could he head to the SEC from here?
- Florida coach Jim McElwain opened up about one of his suspended players.
- Check out what McElwain hopes to get out of his quarterback in the bowl game.
- Texas A&M will be without one of its most important players for the Music City Bowl.
NEXT Alabama QB Jake Coker’s mom had “come to Jesus meetings” with Nick Saban about Jeremy Pruitt