What’s up, Alabama fans? By now you’re probably familiar with Nick Saban’s 24-hour policy — enjoy a victory for a full day and then move on. So with that in mind, it’s time for the Crimson Tide to get back to work. Let’ see what they’ve been up to since advancing to the College Football Playoff finals.
Here are 16 things to know:
- Alabama always went in with the mentality that it could beat Michigan State, but the 38-0 rout admittedly surprised one starter.
- Start your day off with this funny video — the Alabama band did its rendition of Saban’s dance moves.
- The country’s No. 1 athlete has Alabama in his list of top six schools. He explained what he likes about each of the universities he’s currently flirting with.
- ‘Bama is the seven-point favorite over Clemson for the Jan. 11 national title matchup.
- In other words, “Clemson is good but Alabama is better.”
- Alabama quarterback Jake Coker earned MVP honors in the Cotton Bowl, and for good reason.
- See how Crimson Tide alumni reacted on Twitter to the win against Michigan State.
- The alums weren’t the only ones on Twitter. Senior running back Kenyan Drake hopped on, too, taking a jab at the Spartans.
- On a more serious note, Drake made sure to honor former teammate Altee Tenpenny with his wristband during the Cotton Bowl. Tenpenny died in a car accident earlier in the season.
- Check out Alabama’s report card: A’s across the board.
- Clemson seems to be embracing its underdog status. Check out what one Tigers assistant coach is saying about it.
- One of Clemson’s best players got hurt during the Orange Bowl, but he expects to be ready to roll for the national championship game.
- Good news: this 5-star prospect says Alabama is at the top of his list right now.
- A day after Alabama beat Michigan State, Kirby Smart was with UGA. Soon, his full attention will turn toward filling out his coaching staff.
- Clemson coach Dabo Swinney is no stranger to the Crimson Tide. Alabama is his alma mater. It was when he was at ‘Bama when Swinney and his mom banded together to get through some earlier difficult times.
- It doesn’t seem like Louisiana’s No. 1 prospect is headed for Alabama, but you never know.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Outside linebacker Tim Williams is ready for Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson and the Tigers, AL.com’s John Talty wrote.
- He’s right in the middle of his own season, but that didn’t keep Alabama basketball coach Avery Johnson from returning to Dallas to watch the football team do its thing, AL.com’s Michael Casagrande wrote.
- More on Alabama’s 24-hour mentality of sorts from Casagrande.
- Where Jake Coker leads, Alabama follows, USA Today’s Dan Wolken wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- Mississippi State’s defensive coordinator is leaving the SEC for the ACC.
- UGA fired Mark Richt, but the current Miami coach was happy to see the Bulldogs win their bowl game.
- Arkansas faced a big scare Saturday when wide receiver Dominique Reed had to be carted off the field.
- Michigan routed Florida on New Year’s Day in the Citrus Bowl. See how some unhappy Gator alums reacted.
- His brother was a star at Alabama, but Cavin Ridley is now committed to South Carolina.