Like Nick Saban said in his press conference after Alabama’s A-Day game, “don’t draw conclusions or you’ll be wrong.” You can’t take away much from a game played against your own team, but there are definitely things Crimson Tide fans learned on Saturday. We take a look back at Saturday’s news and events in the roundup below.
Here are 16 things you need to know:
- Alabama’s quarterback picture is still unclear after the team’s scrimmage.
- One Alabama running back sprinted into the spotlight after a great performance on Saturday.
- ESPN broadcaster Kirk Herbstreit ranked Alabama’s quarterbacks after the team’s scrimmage.
- Saban joked that one defensive player may ‘ruin’ the game.
- The game-winning drive for the Crimson team was fueled by the thought of… eating beans?
- Nick Saban has challenged a veteran offensive lineman to lose weight. That was the reason why he practiced with the second team for most of the spring.
- Adam Griffith’s A-Day kicking struggles shed light on a big recruiting miss for the Crimson Tide.
- One Alabama veteran missed the A-Day game. Here’s why.
- Alabama gained a commitment from an elite athlete following A-Day.
- Before the scrimmage, Alabama lost a commitment, and one SEC West team is in good shape to land him.
- Nick Saban joked with the media about sacking Blake Barnett during the A-Day game.
- Four Alabama players received ‘the best honor you can get as a football player’ before the game.
- Derrick Henry delivers Alabama its second Heisman Trophy.
- Jake Coker dominated Alabama’s halftime alumni quarterback competition.
- Rewind on what Saban had to say during his press conference with the media after the game.
- If you could not watch the game on Saturday, read our gamer from the Crimson squad’s 7-3 win over White.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Though there were showers in the morning, attendance for this year’s A-Day game grew from last year (Michael Casagrande/AL.com)
- Alabama has another legitimate chance at winning another national title (Kevin Scarbinsky/AL.com)
The best stories around the SEC
- Les Miles says LSU must go from ‘good’ to ‘elite‘ to fulfill expectations
- The latest on if Auburn could pick up a graduate transfer quarterback from Texas Tech
- One Auburn wide receiver gives his choice for who will be the team’s starting quarterback