Things were pretty quiet in Tuscaloosa on Wednesday, but the Tide are hard at work preparing for LSU’s visit on Nov. 7.
Here are three things to know today:
- Nick Saban called Leonard Fournette the best high school running back he’s ever seen… almost. The coach took it back quickly, saying the Heisman Trophy favorite was “one of” the best.
- Fournette could have his braces removed before the Alabama game. Maybe he’ll lose his mojo with them?
- Tigers coach Les Miles thinks quarterback Brandon Harris has “improved tremendously.” He’ll likely need to be at his best to leave T-Town with a win.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Alabama’s fight song “Yea Alabama” finished ninth in a USA Today poll. That’s pretty good, but it’s well behind a key SEC rival. (MontgomeryAdvisor.com‘s Duane Rankin)
- The nation’s No. 2 prospect pushed back his decision date. Alabama is still in the running. (AL.com‘s Michael Casagrande)
- Offensive tackle Dominick Jackson is still out, while linebacker Reuben Foster was missing from practice Wednesday. (AL.com‘s Matt Zenitz)
- SEC Nation will broadcast live from Starkville, Miss., when Alabama visits Mississippi State on Nov. 14. (Gracie Blackburn)
- Alabama’s offensive MVP is not a skill player. (BleacherReport.com‘s Christopher Walsh)