While Alabama is off this weekend, there was still plenty happening on Thursday. Have you already made your travel plans for 2016?
Here are three things to know today:
- Alabama released its ’16 schedule. Yes, we already knew who the Tide would be playing next year, but we didn’t now when. Now, you can begin booking hotel rooms.
- Derrick Henry squatted 500-plus pounds on Wednesday. Yes, that’s a lot.
- A Tuscaloosa brewery made fun of Steve Spurrier with a new mural. The artwork features Spurrier’s head superimposed on the Nevermind baby’s body.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Reuben Foster returned to practice, while Ronnie Harrison and Dominick Jackson were still held out. (AL.com‘s Michael Casagrande)
- Altee Tenpenny’s death was officially ruled an accident. (247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter)
- Alabama focused on fixing “friendly fire” issues along offensive line. (TimesDaily.com‘s Alex Byington)
- ‘Bama coaches to see 5-star recruits in action this week. (Rivals.com‘s Andrew Bone)
- 10 years and 11 surgeries later, Tyrone Prothro’s leg is “as good as it’s going to get.” (AL.com‘s Matt Zenitz)
The best stories around the SEC
- Georgia has a new starting quarterback
- Tennessee’s 2016 schedule was announced
- Halloween comes early at Auburn
- Arkansas shows support after Oklahoma State tragedy
- Texas A&M will deck out Kyle Field, Halloween-style