The fact that Alabama is already hitting the ground running with the Class of 2017 proves that college football — and Nick Saban — really never sleeps. Top recruits and a new assistant coach highlight today’s Crimson Tide newsletter. Grab some coffee and read up.
Here are three things to know:
- This will make Alabama Nation happy: The Crimson Tide currently are the front-runners for a Baton Rouge, La., native.
- Alabama has a new defensive backs coach who Saban is quite excited about.
- One of the nation’s top linebackers is already certain Alabama will be one of his top schools.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Now that a little time has passed, AL.com’s Michael Casagrande took a look at some of the pivotal moments that led to ‘Bama taking home the national title.
- Lots of fans are wondering if Dabo Swinney would ever leave Clemson for Alabama, his alma mater. Fox Sports’ Stewart Mandel shared his thoughts.
- Some recruits are blockbuster commits and get all the attention. Some don’t get as much hype, yet still manage to make a make their mark. Check out some of the recent ones from AL.com.
- If you’re in the mood for a podcast, here’s one from Bama Hammer about signing day.
The best stories around the SEC
- The SEC’s commissioner and Jim Harbaugh continue to get quippy with each other.
- According to a report, the Ole Miss NCAA investigation is over after three years.
- Everyone in Colorado wants Peyton Manning to try their beer.
- South Carolina is reportedly losing one of its wide receivers.
- Seeing double?