The NFL draft begins Thursday (8 p.m. ET, ESPN), and the Crimson Tide figure to make another big splash in the first round this year.
Here are three things to know today:
- SEC Country Alabama reporter Marq Burnett took a trip to Morganton, N.C., to visit new Crimson Tide running back B.J. Emmons and get an update on his academic status.
- An NFL draft experts think one former Alabama player is the draft’s most “underrated” prospect.
- Former Crimson Tide star Jarran Reed — who is preparing for this week’s draft — told reporters there’s a “perfect” NFL team he’d like to play for.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- A pair of national media members debated the future outcome of Alabama’s quarterback battle.(ESPN.com’s Alex Scarborough and Greg Ostendorf)
- CBSSports.com’s Jon Solomon broke down how much money, exactly, Alabama and Clemson spent on their College Football Playoff trips (hint: it’s a lot).