3 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
Happy Thursday, Alabama fans. In between finishing up your Christmas shopping and enjoying this Christmas Eve, take a few minutes to get caught up on some Alabama news. It’s a lighter day than usual, which is perfect for a quick skim.
Here are three things to know:
- Merry Christmas: Nick Saban said he doesn’t anticipate ever leaving Alabama for a different coaching job.
- One Alabama commit, who used to be committed to Auburn, was surprised when he found out that Will Muschamp would be a head coach again.
- Quarterback commit Jalen Hurts has signed his financial aid papers with Alabama.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- More on Saban declaring he won’t leave Alabama, from ESPN’s Chris Low.
- Also from Low: the play of the season from each College Football Playoff team.
- Saban has made a permanent mark in Tuscaloosa, one that he has been crafting over the last several years, ESPN’s Ivan Maisel wrote.
- Michigan State will try to strike a balance between sticking to their traditional offense and pulling out some new tricks when the Spartans face Alabama, AL.com’s Mike Griffith wrote.
- AL.com’s Matt Zenitz went back and dug up how opposing running backs performed against Michigan State’s run defense.
The best stories around the SEC
- One of the best moments of 2015 for the SEC: Florida’s one-handed basketball player scored his first career points Tuesday night.
- A 90-year-old Kentucky basketball fan died Friday.Years ago she told her grandson to bury her in a UK coffin, so he did.
- Check out the road the country’s top junior college running back took to get where he is today — a player at Florida.
- The Arkansas football team had some fun with a dunk contest.
- South Carolina is continuing to fill its coaching staff with more SEC assistants.