3 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
Coach Nick Saban let loose on Monday, and he’ll get two more chances to sound off Wednesday. The first will be during his SEC teleconference (11:30 a.m. ET), and the second will be at his weekly presser in Tuscaloosa (7 p.m. ET).
In the meantime, get caught up on what you need to know today:
- Experts across the country are now picking ‘Bama to make the College Football Playoff. We examined nine different bowl projections, and all nine had the Crimson Tide in a “New Year’s Six” game.
- Derrick Henry is a joke — off the field, at least. His teammates have been ridiculing him after a particular “highlight” from the UGA game made him look like a fool.
- There are plenty of reasons why ‘Bama trashed UGA. If you want to get technical, take a look at Trevor Sikkma’s film breakdown; it’s sure to be a fun trip down (recent) memory lane.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Minkah Fitzpatrick was all smiles after a big performance on Saturday, but his back story is tragic. AL.com‘s Matt Zenitz examined how the New Jersey native’s family survived Hurricane Irene four years ago.
- RollBamaRoll.com has a creative (and NSFW) collection of “fan reactions” from across the country. Sample Georgia fan: “I would hate Bama and their fans … but it is so very, very obvious that they have sold their souls to get this run going, so I will leave them to their eventual ‘reward.'”
- Alabama-LSU is not until Nov. 7, but Derrick Henry and Leonard Fournette have already developed a trophy rivalry. TideSports.com‘s Sean Landry noted that the pair have split the first five SEC Offensive Player of the Week honors.
- 247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter took a look at ex-Alabama players’ NFL performances this weekend. Julio Jones finally cooled off, while T.J. Yeldon had a career game.
- If you thought ex-Tide running back Trent Richardson was out of chances, you were wrong; The former No. 3 overall pick reportedly got a workout with the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday.
The best stories around the SEC
- “Honey Badger”-esque A&M player is keying the Aggies’ revival
- SEC Defensive Player of the Year tracker: Week 6
- Ole Miss LB undergoes surgery, will miss six weeks
- 25 years later, “Fifth Down” is still a sore spot for Missouri fans
- Texas A&M bowl projections after 5-0 start
Sumlin: What we've done immediately after [last year's loss to 'Bama] were personnel changes. That was a big, immediate impact.
— TexAgs (@TexAgs) October 6, 2015