Coach Nick Saban let loose on Monday, and he’ll get two more chances to sound off Wednesday. The first will be during his SEC teleconference (11:30 a.m. ET), and the second will be at his weekly presser in Tuscaloosa (7 p.m. ET).
In the meantime, get caught up on what you need to know today:
- Experts across the country are now picking ‘Bama to make the College Football Playoff. We examined nine different bowl projections, and all nine had the Crimson Tide in a “New Year’s Six” game.
- Derrick Henry is a joke — off the field, at least. His teammates have been ridiculing him after a particular “highlight” from the UGA game made him look like a fool.
- There are plenty of reasons why ‘Bama trashed UGA. If you want to get technical, take a look at Trevor Sikkma’s film breakdown; it’s sure to be a fun trip down (recent) memory lane.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Minkah Fitzpatrick was all smiles after a big performance on Saturday, but his back story is tragic. AL.com‘s Matt Zenitz examined how the New Jersey native’s family survived Hurricane Irene four years ago.
- RollBamaRoll.com has a creative (and NSFW) collection of “fan reactions” from across the country. Sample Georgia fan: “I would hate Bama and their fans … but it is so very, very obvious that they have sold their souls to get this run going, so I will leave them to their eventual ‘reward.'”
- Alabama-LSU is not until Nov. 7, but Derrick Henry and Leonard Fournette have already developed a trophy rivalry. TideSports.com‘s Sean Landry noted that the pair have split the first five SEC Offensive Player of the Week honors.
- 247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter took a look at ex-Alabama players’ NFL performances this weekend. Julio Jones finally cooled off, while T.J. Yeldon had a career game.
- If you thought ex-Tide running back Trent Richardson was out of chances, you were wrong; The former No. 3 overall pick reportedly got a workout with the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday.
The best stories around the SEC
- “Honey Badger”-esque A&M player is keying the Aggies’ revival
- SEC Defensive Player of the Year tracker: Week 6
- Ole Miss LB undergoes surgery, will miss six weeks
- 25 years later, “Fifth Down” is still a sore spot for Missouri fans
- Texas A&M bowl projections after 5-0 start
Sumlin: What we've done immediately after [last year's loss to 'Bama] were personnel changes. That was a big, immediate impact.
— TexAgs (@TexAgs) October 6, 2015