Sometimes, winning an SEC rivalry game is not enough to sway national voters. No. 10 Alabama is wondering why it’s now two spots lower in the AP Top 25 after beating Arkansas, 27-14.
The good news: ‘Bama gets a shot at No. 9 Texas A&M this coming Saturday. Here are three things you need to know about the Crimson Tide today.
- Alabama is now the country’s fourth-ranked SEC team. The Tide were second entering the weekend, but a sluggish performance against Arkansas bumped them below Florida and A&M.
- The Crimson Tide are favored against the Aggies. Vegas apparently learned its lesson after making ‘Bama an underdog at Georgia two weeks ago.
- The defense earned an “A” for its performance against Arkansas. But offense and special teams were way behind in our Sunday report card.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Jake Coker’s 81-yard touchdown might not have happened without his second-quarter struggles. (AL.com‘s Michael Casagrande)
- How does Alabama’s defense rank in several important national categories? (247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter)
- “We probably have the best front seven in the nation.” (AL.com‘s Matt Zenitz)
- Calvin Ridley is more than a deep threat, and four more observations. (MontgomeryAdvertiser.com‘s Duane Rankin)
- Jaguars running back T.J. Yeldon snared his first pro touchdown catch. (BamaHammer.com)
The best stories around the SEC
- LSU opens as seven-point favorite over Florida
- Greatest hits in the SEC: Week 6 edition
- SEC haters: “The SEC East is so bad”
- Amway Coaches Poll released: Week 7
- UGA alumni react after upset loss to Tennessee
— SEC Country (@seccountry) October 11, 2015