While the biggest SEC news on Monday came out of Gainesville, Fla., and Columbia, S.C., the folks in Tuscaloosa still kept rolling along.
Here are three things to know:
- Bret Bielema pulled a fast one on Alabama. Sure, Arkansas lost to ‘Bama on Saturday, but the game swung early on a personal foul penalty. New video shows that Bielema might have fooled the refs into the call.
- Saban said Adam Griffith is one of the country’s best kickers. During practice, at least.
- 4-star quarterback Jake Fromm committed to the Tide this weekend. You probably knew that, but do you know how the whole thing went down?
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- The coaching staff named its seven players of the week vs. Arkansas. (247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter)
- According to Nick Saban, linebacker Reggie Ragland tallied 26 “production points” during the game, a new season-high for ‘Bama.
- Ragland was given a big honor by the SEC on Monday.
- Many saw South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier’s departure coming this preseason, including AL.com‘s John Talty, who wrote about the Ol’ Ball Coach’s final SEC Media Days.
- Cam Robinson has been dealing with injuries all year, and it’s affecting his performance on a weekly basis. (Rivals.com‘s Aaron Suttles)
The best stories around the SEC
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier retires
- Former players react to Spurrier retirement
- College football community reacts to Spurrier retirement
- Two SEC coaches named as candidates to replace fired USC coach
- Arkansas shows off new facility
— SEC Network (@SECNetwork) October 13, 2015