Everyone is looking forward to Nov. 7, when LSU comes to Tuscaloosa.
But Alabama better not overlook Tennessee at home this weekend. The Vols took down Georgia in a shootout two Saturdays ago, and have quite a bit of swagger for an unranked, .500 squad.
It’s up to Nick Saban’s staff to keep the Crimson Tide focused on this weekend’s task before they enjoy a bye on Halloween weekend.
Here are three things to know:
- ‘Bama got a bump in the AP Top 25. But it wasn’t much. The Crimson Tide are exactly where they were two weeks ago. You know, two SEC wins ago.
- The Tide are heavily favored over Tennessee this weekend. Before you take all of your cash to Vegas, remember that before the win against Texas A&M, ‘Bama failed to cover against Arkansas at home.
- Kirby Smart’s defense got high marks in our post-A&M report card. The special teams almost flunked, though.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Jake Coker thinks sliding is “kinda crazy.” (AL.com‘s Michael Casagrande)
- Stat pack: Alabama’s SEC, national rankings after big win. (247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter)
- How Alabama adapted, survived second half without center Ryan Kelly. (AL.com‘s John Talty)
- How three major Alabama objectives factored into the wild win at Texas A&M. (AL.com‘s Vasha Hunt)
- Minkah Fitzpatrick wins national award after two-touchdown performance. (RollTide.com)