3 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
Everyone is looking forward to Nov. 7, when LSU comes to Tuscaloosa.
But Alabama better not overlook Tennessee at home this weekend. The Vols took down Georgia in a shootout two Saturdays ago, and have quite a bit of swagger for an unranked, .500 squad.
It’s up to Nick Saban’s staff to keep the Crimson Tide focused on this weekend’s task before they enjoy a bye on Halloween weekend.
Here are three things to know:
- ‘Bama got a bump in the AP Top 25. But it wasn’t much. The Crimson Tide are exactly where they were two weeks ago. You know, two SEC wins ago.
- The Tide are heavily favored over Tennessee this weekend. Before you take all of your cash to Vegas, remember that before the win against Texas A&M, ‘Bama failed to cover against Arkansas at home.
- Kirby Smart’s defense got high marks in our post-A&M report card. The special teams almost flunked, though.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Jake Coker thinks sliding is “kinda crazy.” (AL.com‘s Michael Casagrande)
- Stat pack: Alabama’s SEC, national rankings after big win. (247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter)
- How Alabama adapted, survived second half without center Ryan Kelly. (AL.com‘s John Talty)
- How three major Alabama objectives factored into the wild win at Texas A&M. (AL.com‘s Vasha Hunt)
- Minkah Fitzpatrick wins national award after two-touchdown performance. (RollTide.com)