HATTIESBURG, Miss. — Jeffery Simmons was strongly considering Alabama before Kirby Smart was hired by UGA, and he says nothing has changed with his status with the Crimson Tide.
Simmons, a 4-star defensive end from Noxubee County (Macon, Miss.), told SEC Country that the main reason why he still has Alabama among his top choices is because the defense isn’t going to change.
“I would still choose Bama because from what I noticed — Coach Saban — that’s his defense,” Simmons said. “I feel like any coach that comes under Saban (the defense) will be the same. Everything is still the same.”
The nation’s No. 3 defensive end also said he isn’t concerned about the next defensive coordinator that Alabama hires because, like he said, the defense will remain the same.
In the video above, you can get the answers to the following questions:
1) Which schools are recruiting him the hardest right now?
2) What’s their recruiting pitch to him?
3) How did his in-home visit go with Alabama, Mississippi State and Ole Miss go?
4) Which schools is he considering taking official visits to?
5) When does he plan on committing?