4 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
We’re now one day away from another signature win — or crippling loss — for the Alabama Crimson Tide. Texas A&M rolled over during a 59-0 blowout last season, but you can count on this year’s Aggies squad putting points on the board.
Here are four things to know:
- We handed out midseason grades and awards. The defense got high marks, but special teams is nearly failing. Freshman Calvin Ridley earned our Offensive MVP nod.
- Nick Saban explained what makes him “cussin’ mad.” Hint: It has to do with people bothering him on his in-game headset.
- One Texas A&M quarterback recruit predicted an Aggies win. The kid said it won’t be close. Alabama fans might answer: “We know.”
- Jameis Winston praised Jake Coker’s “cannon” arm. Coker’s former teammate at Florida State had plenty of nice things to say about Alabama’s fifth-year senior.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Texas A&M is 8-2 since losing 59-0 at Alabama last season. Coach Kevin Sumlin has done an excellent job keeping his team afloat since then. (ESPN.com’s Sam Khan Jr.)
- Since 2007, Alabama has played 25 teams that have had five-plus days more rest than the Crimson Tide. It’s a mouthful, but that stat is impressive given no other SEC team has played more than 10 of those games in the same period. (ESPN/Aaron Suttles)
- Reggie Ragland was named Chuck Bednarik Award National Player of the Week following his dominant performance against Arkansas. (AL.com’s Matt Zenitz)