There was plenty of action in Tuscaloosa yesterday, and we’re here to get you caught up on all of it.
Here are four things to know:
- Jake Coker’s teammates call him “Vanilla Vick.” That, and two other NFL-related nicknames apparently have Alabama players laughing.
- Alabama rose to No. 2 in the SEC Country Power Poll. It’s ‘Bama and LSU on an island by themselves. We can’t wait for Nov. 7, either.
- Nick Saban updated us on Kenyan Drake and Ryan Kelly. It’s looking great for Drake, but Kelly might need a little more time to get over his concussion.
- Saban thinks the Tide play better away from Bryant-Denny Stadium. While that seems silly, the numbers don’t lie.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Multiple national analysts said that Alabama is the best team in the country right now. (here and here)
- Derrick Henry and Minkah Fitzpatrick were both honored by the SEC after big performances against Texas A&M.
- Alabama still has a lot to prove, according to one Crimson Tide-related podcast. (247Sports.com)
- Kicker Adam Griffith offered up some Twitter advice to the Michigan punter who fumbled a win away on Saturday.
- Shaun Dion Hamilton received a targeting penalty — and was subsequently ejected — during Saturday’s game, but Nick Saban doesn’t think the play spoke to Hamilton’s character. (AL.com‘s John Talty)
The best stories around the SEC
NEXT Alabama “will be a strong factor” for nation’s No. 1 player