4 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
There was plenty of action in Tuscaloosa yesterday, and we’re here to get you caught up on all of it.
Here are four things to know:
- Jake Coker’s teammates call him “Vanilla Vick.” That, and two other NFL-related nicknames apparently have Alabama players laughing.
- Alabama rose to No. 2 in the SEC Country Power Poll. It’s ‘Bama and LSU on an island by themselves. We can’t wait for Nov. 7, either.
- Nick Saban updated us on Kenyan Drake and Ryan Kelly. It’s looking great for Drake, but Kelly might need a little more time to get over his concussion.
- Saban thinks the Tide play better away from Bryant-Denny Stadium. While that seems silly, the numbers don’t lie.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Multiple national analysts said that Alabama is the best team in the country right now. (here and here)
- Derrick Henry and Minkah Fitzpatrick were both honored by the SEC after big performances against Texas A&M.
- Alabama still has a lot to prove, according to one Crimson Tide-related podcast. (247Sports.com)
- Kicker Adam Griffith offered up some Twitter advice to the Michigan punter who fumbled a win away on Saturday.
- Shaun Dion Hamilton received a targeting penalty — and was subsequently ejected — during Saturday’s game, but Nick Saban doesn’t think the play spoke to Hamilton’s character. (AL.com‘s John Talty)