Hearts were heavy in Tuscaloosa on Wednesday. In case you missed the sad news, we’ve rounded it up for you.
Here are four things to know:
- Former Alabama running back Altee Tenpenny passed away. The Arkansas native played for the Tide from 2013-2014. He died in a one-car accident on Tuesday.
- Dozens of ‘Bama players shared their thoughts and prayers on social media. The list of Tenpenny’s ex-teammates is lengthy, but one current Tide player was especially sorrowful upon hearing the news.
- Miss Terry “really likes” Jake Coker at quarterback. Coach Nick Saban’s wife helped him with the quarterback controversy back in late summer.
- Saban recalled Tennessee QB Josh Dobbs’ “fantastic” game last year. If you need a refresher: Dobbs nearly brought the Vols back after ‘Bama built a 27-0 lead.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- AL.com‘s John Talty spoke to several people from Tenpenny’s childhood and high school years. They remembered his smile as a standout characteristic.
- Alabama basketball added a 4-star player on Wednesday, and now have one of the country’s best 2016 classes. (AL.com‘s Matt Zenitz)
- ESPN.com‘s Mark Schlabach thinks the Crimson Tide will win the National Title.
- Senior defensive lineman Jarran Reed returned to the practice field after missing a day. (AL.com‘s John Talty)
- Freshman nickel DB Minkah Fitzpatrick will likely be a cornerback — and not a safety — long-term. (AL.com‘s Matt Zenitz)
The best stories around the SEC
- Auburn commemorates “Back To The Future Day” with doctored photos
- Kentucky coach on Dak Prescott: “He’s always been a winner”
- Butch Jones says Vols’ injuries would rival any team in the country
- LSU’s Les Miles: “Our Australian punters are extremely well-adjusted”
- Derrick Henry reminds Tennessee coach of Volunteers RB
NEXT Alabama-themed NASCAR paint job should be fan favorite at Talladega