4 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
Hearts were heavy in Tuscaloosa on Wednesday. In case you missed the sad news, we’ve rounded it up for you.
Here are four things to know:
- Former Alabama running back Altee Tenpenny passed away. The Arkansas native played for the Tide from 2013-2014. He died in a one-car accident on Tuesday.
- Dozens of ‘Bama players shared their thoughts and prayers on social media. The list of Tenpenny’s ex-teammates is lengthy, but one current Tide player was especially sorrowful upon hearing the news.
- Miss Terry “really likes” Jake Coker at quarterback. Coach Nick Saban’s wife helped him with the quarterback controversy back in late summer.
- Saban recalled Tennessee QB Josh Dobbs’ “fantastic” game last year. If you need a refresher: Dobbs nearly brought the Vols back after ‘Bama built a 27-0 lead.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- AL.com‘s John Talty spoke to several people from Tenpenny’s childhood and high school years. They remembered his smile as a standout characteristic.
- Alabama basketball added a 4-star player on Wednesday, and now have one of the country’s best 2016 classes. (AL.com‘s Matt Zenitz)
- ESPN.com‘s Mark Schlabach thinks the Crimson Tide will win the National Title.
- Senior defensive lineman Jarran Reed returned to the practice field after missing a day. (AL.com‘s John Talty)
- Freshman nickel DB Minkah Fitzpatrick will likely be a cornerback — and not a safety — long-term. (AL.com‘s Matt Zenitz)
The best stories around the SEC
- Auburn commemorates “Back To The Future Day” with doctored photos
- Kentucky coach on Dak Prescott: “He’s always been a winner”
- Butch Jones says Vols’ injuries would rival any team in the country
- LSU’s Les Miles: “Our Australian punters are extremely well-adjusted”
- Derrick Henry reminds Tennessee coach of Volunteers RB