4 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
The Crimson Tide continues to play with inconsistency at home, but Derrick Henry and co. still snuck out a 19-14 win over unranked Tennessee in the final minutes of Saturday’s game.
Here are four things to know today:
- Nick Saban’s team is ready for the bye week. The coach said as much after the Tide escaped with a late win. Alabama’s next game is Nov. 7 vs. LSU in Tuscaloosa.
- Alabama players lit up cigars after the win. The smoke-filled tradition is more than 50 years old, and players had some fun both on the field and in the locker room.
- The Tide honored ex-running back Altee Tenpenny with helmet stickers. The former Crimson Tide player passed away in a one-car accident on Tuesday evening.
- Lane Kiffin trolled Tennessee fans before the game. And then a member of the Vols faithful was forced to wear a Lane-themed shirt after losing a bet.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- A pair of ‘Bama fans got married at the pregame tailgate outside Bryant-Denny Stadium. One of the groomsmen wore a speedo.
- Tennessee offensive tackle Kyler Kerbyson thought the Volunteers “could have and should have won.”
- TV cameras caught Tennessee great Peyton Manning making some unfortunate faces after Alabama scored the game-winning touchdown.
- Lost in all the hoopla was the fact that one 4-star receiver flipped his commitment from Alabama to Ole Miss.
- The Crimson Tide suffered several injuries on Saturday, but things are actually looking okay in that area. (247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter)
- Rival Auburn lost a four-overtime thriller, 56-48, at Arkansas. (MontgomeryAdvisor.com‘s Duane Rankin)
The best stories around the SEC
- Butch Jones: “There are no moral victories” at Tennessee
- Bret Bielema: “Alex Collins pissed me off. He was late for breakfast this morning”
- Arkansas running back taken off field in stretcher
- Auburn player tweets about his teammates dropping passes
- Jim McElwain does “Gator chomp” after 5-star recruit scores TD