Whew. The Crimson Tide escaped with a win this weekend, and now get to rest for nearly two weeks before LSU comes to town on Nov. 7.
Here are four things to know today:
- ‘Bama moved up in the AP Top 25. The polls are fun to argue about, but the math is simple: Alabama almost certainly needs to win out to get into the College Football Playoff.
- Nick Saban could lose three assistant coaches before the year is over. There are plenty of head coaching jobs available right now, and it’s only natural that programs would look at Alabama for candidates.
- Defense scored highest on our Tennessee game report card. The offense took a step back, while special teams appeared to get out of its rut.
- A.J. McCarron dissed Butch Jones. It was pretty good.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Amari Cooper continues to look like a Pro Bowler for the Oakland Raiders. He finished with five receptions for 133 yards on Sunday, including this 52-yard catch-and-score.
- What Alabama players said about LSU as showdown countdown begins. (AL.com‘s Michael Casagrande)
- ArDarius Stewart emerges as big-play threat Alabama needed against Vols. (TimesHerald.com‘s Alex Byington)
- Several recruits gave their thoughts on Alabama’s win over Tennessee. (Rivals.com‘s Andrew Bone)
- ‘Bama also improved to No. 7 in the Coaches Poll this Sunday. (BamaHammer.com)
The best stories around the SEC
- Former UGA running backs trade NFL jerseys
- The SEC’s big picture: The East is on the line in Week 9
- Auburn coach Gus Malzahn reaches out to injured Arkansas RB
- New details reported about Kyler Murray’s absence Saturday
- UGA remains outside of AP Top 25