4 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
Don’t act like you’re not keeping track; Only three days remain until Alabama takes on UGA in Athens. There are plenty of things you need to get caught up on this morning:
- Nick Saban will star in an hour-long episode of Feherty tonight. The Alabama coach had several interesting things to say while speaking with former PGA star David Feherty. They talked plenty about golf, but also discussed Lane Kiffin, “bad” fans and whether Saban would still be in Miami if Drew Brees had signed with the Dolphins in 2006. The show airs at 9 p.m. ET on The Golf Channel.
- Two prominent national writers think Alabama will make the playoffs. But several others don’t. We broke down Crimson Tide postseason projections from across the Internet. TaxSlayer Bowl, anyone?
- Derrick Henry slipped out of the running for SEC Offensive Player of the Year. To be fair, it’s a stacked category. But it’s tough to imagine a guy with eight touchdowns through four games as anything less than elite.
- Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt recruited several Tide players. That’s because he used to be Nick Saban’s defensive backs coach. One of his recruits was Henry, whom he now needs to gameplan against. “I regret recruiting a lot of them,” Pruitt said.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- The SEC Network aired the Alabama-centric documentary In Search of Derrick Thomas on Tuesday night. Whether you caught it or not, TimesDaily.com’s Alex Byington put together an excellent piece on Thomas’ son.
- Georgia will be speeding up its offensive pace against Alabama, according to AL.com‘s Michael Casagrande. “We’re definitely speeding up,” UGA running back Nick Chubb said. “I know in practice we’re very fast. We have four plays done in a couple of seconds, I don’t know how long. … We’re moving.”
- MontgomeryAdvisor.com‘s Duane Rankin explored what Alabama might do with newly-reinstated running back Bo Scarbrough. He even wondered whether Scarbrough could supplant Kenyan Drake as Derrick Henry’s primary backup.
- 247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter delivered some practice nuggets, including which Alabama scout team players were pretending to be their Georgia counterparts. He also noted that on-again, off-again lineman Brandon Greene took some reps with the tight ends.
- Rivals.com writer Andrew Bone noted that former ‘Bama defensive back Jonathan Cook has been making a name for himself at Garden City Community College. Check out his highlight tape here.
The best stories around the SEC
- Missouri QB Maty Mauk suspended for South Carolina game
- Florida coach has heart-felt message for young cancer patient
- Ole Miss using extreme practice method to prepare for Florida
- Tennessee OC opens up about decision not to go for two
- Clemson coach takes shot at Auburn when discussing polls
In case you missed it, check out Tuesday’s post:
— SEC Country (@seccountry) September 30, 2015