Wednesday’s batch of Alabama news was a bit dramatic: We’ve got a mom taking a jab at the Crimson Tide, Derrick Henry reporting to the NFL Scouting Combine heavier than he thought, and some recruiting drama, too. All in a day’s work … Happy Thursday, Alabama fans.
Here are four things to know:
- An elite Alabama commit is paying a visit to a major rival this weekend.
- The mom of a former Ohio State cornerback praised running back Ezekiel Elliott, while simultaneously taking a shot at Alabama.
- Despite speculation and rumors, Alabama is in fact not recruiting this former Florida State quarterback.
- How heavy is Derrick Henry right now?
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- AL.com’s Matt Zenitz took a look at ‘Bama’s receiving corps heading into the spring.
- Here’s the full story from AL.com’s John Talty clearing up any De’Andre Johnson misconceptions.
- Alabama center Ryan Kelly explained why he thinks he can be a first-round pick, AL.com’s Michael Casagrande wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- According to a report, Tennessee coach Butch Jones allegedly called a player a “traitor” for helping an alleged rape victim.
- Jones then responded, saying that was not the case at all.
- Definitely worth a few minutes of your time to read: One former Auburn player chose to enter the NFL Draft early to help his homeless mother.
- Could Steve Spurrier, Jr. be Florida bound?
- Here’s the one thing LSU thinks it needs to do to be more competitive with the Crimson Tide.