Alabama’s title defense will begin in just a couple of days as spring football gets underway in Tuscaloosa, Ala. In the meantime, there was plenty of news surrounding the Crimson Tide over the weekend.
Here are four things to know:
- Our Alabama spring football preview continues with a look at the defensive backs. What will Alabama’s secondary look like in 2016?
- Linebacker VanDarius Cowan committed to Florida State a while ago, but that doesn’t mean Alabama has given up on him. Read what Cowan had to say about Alabama.
- Four-star wide receiver Jerry Jeudy described Alabama as a “lovely school.” Here’s everything the recruit said about potentially playing in Tuscaloosa.
- Alabama is one of the front-runners to land former Miami commit, Tyler Dunning. He was very confident in his ability to impress Alabama’s coaches when they visit him.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Check out AL.com’s list of former Crimson Tide stars will be seeking a new contract in the NFL once free agency begins this week.
- AL.com’s Kevin Scarbinsky compared Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh to Nick Saban with one major difference: championships.
The best stories around the SEC
- Peyton Manning is retiring after an incredible NFL career. He will go down as the highest paid player of all time.
- Auburn wide receiver Duke Williams will reportedly participate in Auburn’s Pro Day.
- Former Auburn running back Tre Mason was arrested for resisting arrest, reckless driving and other charges on Saturday.