It’s now Tuesday, which means Alabama-Georgia is four days away. In the meantime, be sure to catch up on all of the latest from Tuscaloosa. Here’s what you need to know today:
- Nick Saban loves Georgia. Sort of. Saban spent most of his Monday press conference gushing over the Bulldogs’ attack and “physical” play. He saved the most adjectives for Dawgs running back Nick Chubb, whom he called “strong,” “physical,” “fast,” “explosive” and “effective” — all in the same paragraph.
- 5-star running back Bo Scarbrough returns this week. While he likely won’t make a big impact, Scarbrough has already been promised playing time in his debut — even if it’s just on special teams. After being suspended for the first four games, Scarbrough now adds depth to a talented corps of ‘Bama running backs.
- Homecoming against Arkansas will kick off at night. Alumni will have a little extra time to get to Tuscaloosa on Oct. 10, when the Crimson Tide host the Razorbacks. ESPN is slotted to broadcast the contest for those who can’t make it to Bryant-Denny.
- A trio of former Alabama stars leads the NFL in one important category. Mark Ingram, Amari Cooper and Julio Jones are 1-2-3 in a pretty significant statistical category. Jones has been excellent in particular — his 34 receptions are an NFL record through three games.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- The No. 13 Crimson Tide are set to face the No. 8 Georgia Bulldogs on Saturday. AL.com’s Michael Casagrande looked back at the teams’ 2008 “Blackout” game, when Alabama returned to the SEC Championship picture and upended the conference’s power structure.
- DawgNation.com’s Mark Bradley also provided a throwback account of the Blackout game. He interviewed current Atlanta Falcons receiver Julio Jones about ‘Bama jumping out to a 31-0 lead. “We knew what we could do,” Jones said. “With Coach Saban’s mindset, it doesn’t matter where you are. Our mindset was that we were going to make all those people sit on their hands.”
- What exactly did Derrick Henry tell Jake Coker after Alabama’s quarterback tossed an ugly interception on Saturday? BleacherReport.com’s Christopher Walsh revealed the words of wisdom that helped Coker turn his performance around.
- Rivals.com’s Andrew Bone has already counted 30-plus recruits who will be in attendance on Saturday. The full list is not as impressive as the Alabama-Ole Miss game a couple weeks ago, but it might be getting there.
- Alabama captains held a players-only meeting before the game against Louisiana-Monroe, and TimesDaily.com’s Alex Byington has a solid write-up on the proceedings.
The best stories around the SEC
- Michael Sam wonders if coming out affected his NFL chances
- Paul Finebaum wears Florida jersey after losing bet
- Arkansas takes extreme measure to prepare for “Rocky Top”
- LSU’s Leonard Fournette leads group of Heisman Trophy contenders
- Will Grier still not Florida’s full-time starting QB after win
— SEC Country (@seccountry) September 28, 2015