Rejoice! The Alabama dynasty is not dead. But you already knew that, didn’t you? Nick Saban knew it, too, and in celebration, he let loose weeks (years?) of built-up emotion during his weekly press conference Monday afternoon.
That’s obviously No. 1 on our list, but there are three other things you need to know, too:
- Alabama-Texas A&M now has a kickoff time. It’s a prime slot on Oct. 17. Here’s a hint: The announcers’ names rhyme with “Urn” and “Dairy.”
- Jake Coker still has something to prove. Sure, he played well against UGA, but Coker has not cleared every hurdle. Saban explained more on Monday.
- Colin Cowherd is at it again. You might be surprised that he picked ‘Bama to win over a fierce rival, but he couldn’t finish the conversation without a cheap shot at the SEC.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- TuscaloosaNews.com‘s Aaron Suttles took a close look at the play of freshman defensive lineman Daron Payne, who has gotten rave reviews from his teammates.
- AL.com‘s Michael Casagrande continued his weekly tradition of noting which scout team members wore the numbers of future opponents in practice. Arkansas running back Alex Collins had three ‘Bama imitators on Monday.
- 247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter also filed a practice report, which included the following nugget: Running back Bo Scarbrough has graduated from the scout team.
- The Iron Bowl is still almost two months away, but you are currently able to place bets on it. Brian Edwards Sports tweeted that Alabama is now favored by 10.5, as opposed to seven last week.
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema had some … interesting … words to describe Alabama’s defensive line. 247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter broke down Bielema’s Monday presser.
The best stories around the SEC
- Missouri quarterback Drew Lock will get second straight start
- Texas A&M alum takes over as Miami Dolphins interim coach
- Auburn freshman tight end OK after car accident
- Tennessee quarterback commit sustains season-ending injury
- Florida jumps to No. 4 in SEC Country Power Rankings
— SEC Country (@seccountry) October 5, 2015