Alabama’s Homecoming is this week, and that topic got Nick Saban talking about his high school dating history Wednesday night.
The coach let slip some details about his past that were — in his own words — haunting. That’s the first thing you need to know today.
Here are three more:
- The most recent Alabama-UGA game will be commemorated with a special painting. Sports artist Daniel A. Moore will release “The Washout” seven years after his painting of “The Blackout.”
- Saban and Arkansas offensive coordinator Dan Enos go way back. The Alabama coach was Michigan State’s defensive coordinator when Enos — a former quarterback — enrolled in 1987. According to Enos, Saban was pretty demanding of the scout team in East Lansing.
- The defensive line was not to blame for Nick Chubb’s 83-yard touchdown on Saturday. Saban said the fault lies elsewhere, and pointed his finger at two different position groups.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- The Crimson Tide practiced indoors Wednesday to stay out of the heat.
- Arkansas has a similar offensive approach to Georgia, and Saban discussed why that might make this week’s game plan easier to execute (AL.com‘s Matt Zenitz).
- Perhaps you remember ex-Tide player Kerry Goode’s September announcement that he has ALS? AL.com’s Matt Zenitz spoke to Goode and got an update on his condition.
- Alabama announced its annual “Tide Tipoff,” which will take place on Oct. 27 and feature rap group Rae Sremmurd (247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter).
- Linebacker Reggie Ragland is a strong NFL prospect who received high-round grades from pundits earlier this year. Rivals.com‘s Mike Farrell recently listed Ragland as one of the country’s top linebacker prospects on Wednesday.
The best stories around the SEC
- Recruiting trending upward for Florida after 5-0 start
- Georgia recruit: “Alabama game was a fluke”
- LSU-South Carolina switches locations, sets game time
- Florida-Miami to resume rivalry in four years
- Tennessee dismisses wide receiver Pig Howard
— SEC Country (@seccountry) October 7, 2015