4 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
Alabama-Arkansas is just one day away. If you can’t make it to Bryant-Denny on Saturday, make sure to tune in to ESPN at 7 pm ET.
Here are four things every ‘Bama fan needs to know today:
- Alabama made a generous gesture to one local family after a tragic accident. Two local high school players will be in attendance as recruits on Saturday after their father passed away in an automobile crash this June.
- Nick Saban hung out with 2 Live Crew’s Uncle Luke, and it was awesome. Remember 2 Live Crew? Saban does. He’s apparently a fan of the controversial ’80s hip-hop group, and hung out with Luke Campbell in Miami one summer.
- Throwback Thursday: Former Arkansas QB discussed UA’s controversial 1995 upset. Barry Lunney, Jr., helped the Razorbacks defeat ‘Bama for the first time 20 years ago. But was the final touchdown legal?
- Nick Saban is the highest-paid coach in college football. Alabama’s head honcho is first, while Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh comes in at second. How much do you think Saban makes?
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Freshman linebacker Darron Payne turned heads across the country with his dominant performance against Georgia. What makes him so good? AL.com‘s Matt Zenitz has the answers.
- Payne is not the only emerging stars in Tuscaloosa. TimesDaily.com‘s Alex Byington writes that junior linebacker Tim Williams is hitting his stride in the pass rush.
- Tight end O.J. Howard has not made a big impact on the passing game, but he has been doing his job when ‘Bama runs the ball. AL.com‘s John Talty explains.
- The SEC has plenty of stars at the running back position this year, but Alabama’s Derrick Henry could be the best (MontgomeryAdvertiser.com‘s Duane Rankin).
- Also from Rankin: Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin and his staff plan to sneak at peek at the Alabama-Arkansas game on Saturday.