4 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
With Florida quarterback Will Grier suspended, the biggest game on this week’s SEC schedule is now Alabama-Texas A&M. Kickoff (3:30 pm ET, CBS) is three days away.
Here are four things to know today:
- Alabama looks to be headed for a great bowl game. That’s what the experts say, anyway. All eight bowl projections we observed have ‘Bama in a big-time postseason matchup.
- Bret Bielema responded to claims that he instigated a personal foul penalty. The Arkansas coach came under fire on Monday when a video appeared to show him baiting Cam Robinson into a penalty.
- Steve Spurrier vs. Alabama was an awesome rivalry. The Ol’ Ball Coach last faced the Tide in 2010, but a large group of Alabama fans was surely happy to see him go.
- A 5-star Auburn commit explained why he wears Alabama gear. ‘Bama fans find it funny. Auburn fans are in an uproar.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- The SEC released an official statement on the Bielema/Robinson situation. Looks like Coach B won’t be doing any hard time. (Marq Burnett, MontgomeryAdvisor.com)
- Kenyan Drake is slowing things down so he can see more touches. It worked against Arkansas. (Charlie Potter, 247Sports.com)
- Freshman quarterback Blake Barnett missed practice for “non-football reasons.” (Matt Zenitz, AL.com)
- LSU star Leonard Fournette made this week’s cover of Sports Illustrated.
- Perhaps the best Spurrier farewell piece came from Spencer Hall at SBNation.com.
The best stories around the SEC
- SEC coaches react to Steve Spurrier’s resignation
- Texas A&M “light years” ahead of where they were against Alabama last year
- UGA players explain how to avoid a Will Grier situation
- Fournette remains overwhelming favorite to win Heisman Trophy
- Spurrier changed the face of the SEC, and then walked out the back door
— SEC Country (@seccountry) October 13, 2015