Alabama-Texas A&M is just two days away. The entire country will have its eyes on the Tide and the Aggies this Saturday afternoon (3:30 pm ET, CBS), and folks in College Station are surely hoping for a repeat of 2012. Those in Tuscaloosa are thinking more along the lines of 2014.
Here are four other things to know today:
- Freshman quarterback Blake Barnett has spent most of the week in the hospital. He appears to be okay now, but the story is bizarre.
- One ‘Bama player shot into Todd McShay’s list of Top 10 NFL prospects. This defensive player has made a huge impact for the Crimson Tide in 2015.
- Texas A&M has the best set of skill players ‘Bama has faced this year. That’s what Nick Saban says, anyway. He probably knows what he’s talking about.
- A 4-star defensive recruit de-committed on Wednesday. This player was in town less than a month ago, but has already moved on from the Tide.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Jake Coker has a big arm, but he’s also shown a strong ability to get out of the pocket and run for big gains. (AL.com‘s Michael Casagrande)
- A&M running back Tra Carson resembles Alabama running backs of old. (247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter)
- Let’s put Bret Bielema vs. Cam Robinson to rest. (AL.com)
- Oakland Raiders receiver Amari Cooper is on pace to set an impressive record. (Pro Football Focus)
- Watch Nick Saban’s Wednesday press conference. (Rivals.com)
The best stories around the SEC
- Nation’s No. 4 CB names top five SEC schools
- SEC asks Jeb Bush to cease and desist
- Florida QB Will Grier’s dad writes essay about PEDs
- Todd Gurley reaches out to Nick Chubb about knee injury
- Missouri coach Gary Pinkel still not talking about former starting QB
2014…Bama 59-0 2013…Bama 49-42 2012…TAMU 29-24 1988…Bama 30-10 1985…Bama 23-10 1968…TAMU 20-16 1942…Bama 29-21 pic.twitter.com/RmbAwRebJ5
— SEC Country (@seccountry) October 14, 2015