Good morning, Alabama fans.
Coach Nick Saban is looking for more consistency from his players, and Bama’s getting some recruiting help from an unusual source. We’ve got these stories and more in today’s newsletter.
Here are five things to know:
- After players returned from Easter break, coach Nick Saban saw some inconsistency, especially from younger players. Saban says that needs to change.
- Alex Leatherwood, a four-star offensive tackle commit, is working hard to recruit other players to play for the Crimson Tide next season.
- A’Shawn Robinson is ahead of Jarran Reed in most draft analysts’ rankings, but one NFL scout believes Reed is the better NFL prospect.
- Alabama has reportedly offered a scholarship to the nation’s top dual-threat quarterback from the class of 2018.
- Another top quarterback prospect from the class of 2018 said that Alabama is at the top of his list and “they aren’t going anywhere.”
Other Alabama news from around the Internet:
- Alabama’s losing top defensive linemen Robinson and Reed to the NFL Draft, but there are some freakish athletes rising through the ranks to take their places.
- Running back Brian Robinson, a Bama commit, took a visit to UGA.
The best stories around the SEC:
- Barring anything crazy over the next few days, the arrest rate for SEC players over the first three months of 2016 is the lowest it has been since 2011.
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin says Johnny Manziel has to clean up his act if he wants to remain in the NFL.
- Time is of the essence when trying to establish a starting quarterback for the coming season, but Auburn would do well to take its time making the decision.