Alabama players are set to hit the field again this afternoon, and much of the depth chart is still up in the air as A-Day (April 16) creeps closer. Stay locked in to SEC Country for the latest updates from Tuscaloosa.
Here are five things to know today:
- Cornerback Tony Brown is reportedly facing an NCAA suspension that could keep him off the field in 2016.
- Running back Bo Scarbrough put up huge numbers during Saturday’s scrimmage, and Nick Saban had positive things to say about him afterwards.
- A 5-star defensive tackle said there’s one big reason why Alabama sticks out to him.
- The nation’s No. 2 overall player bumped Alabama down his list. See which school climbed to the top of his board.
- Saban is “encouraged” by the play of his four quarterbacks, and made specific comments about their progress.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- The Crimson Tide softball team took a three-game series from No. 1 Florida over the weekend (BamaHammer.com‘s Chris Hale)
- Down in Georgia, the Alabama women’s golf team defeated No. 6 UCLA, 3-2, to win the Liz Murphy Collegiate Classic on Sunday.
The best stories around the SEC
- Rival Auburn landed a graduate transfer on defense who could give Alabama problems this season.
- SEC Country columnist Jay Clemons explains why LSU must beat Alabama in 2016.
- Georgia has an old-fashioned quarterback competition going down in Athens. Get to know the Bulldogs’ options here.