Alabama was back on the practice field Monday, and there are now just 11 days until the Crimson Tide wrap up their spring season.
Here are five things to know today:
- Wide receiver Calvin Ridley was cleared of any wrongdoing in an alleged identification-fraud scheme down in Coconut Creek, Fla. His high school coach didn’t get off so easily.
- Alabama is struggling to lock down its Class of 2017 quarterback group. One elite prospect just chose an ACC school over the Crimson Tide.
- Nick Saban received a flattering NBA comparison from Alabama basketball coach Avery Johnson.
- The Crimson Tide added another player to their 2016 recruiting class.
- Get caught up on Alabama’s ninth spring practice. One defensive back was held out, while the quarterbacks kept the same pecking order.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Former Alabama star and current Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones attended practice yesterday. Check out the university’s photo collection from Monday’s action.
- Ryan Kelly is headed to the NFL draft, and InkOnIndy.com’s Kyle Nishida thinks he can follow in the footsteps of a certain great pro center.
The best stories around the SEC
- South Carolina’s Will Muschamp on one of his rivals: “I’m looking forward to whippin’ his ass.”
- LSU’s top quarterback could be much improved this season. Here are three reasons why.
- Former Mississippi State star Dak Prescott discusses DUI arrest with Jon Gruden on ESPN