Alabama got some bad news on the injury front Tuesday, but there are still plenty of reasons for optimism in Tuscaloosa.
Here are five things to know today:
- New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi had some nice things to say about Nick Saban during a radio interview Tuesday.
- One of Alabama’s offensive linemen suffered a torn ACL during Saturday’s scrimmage. Saban said the player has already undergone successful surgery.
- A 5-star offensive line prospect cut down his list Tuesday, and it looks like Alabama is competing against a huge rival for his signature.
- The Crimson Tide have already been working on the Class of 2018, with one tight end saying Alabama is a big leader.
- More recruiting: One of the nation’s best players has yet to release a Top 10 list, but he told SEC Country that Alabama will be on it.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Alabama’s baseball team swept a doubleheader against Alcorn State. Check out the details here (Rivals.com’s Evan Dudley)
- The Crimson Tide softball team collected its 1,000th all-time win with a dominant 14-0 victory over Jacksonville State.
— Alabama Athletics (@UA_Athletics) April 6, 2016
The best stories around the SEC
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer responded to a Kentucky signee who claimed Meyer treated him “like crap”
- Retired NFL quarterback Peyton Manning spent his Monday night singing “Rocky Top” and other songs at a Nashville bar
- Kentucky basketball lost another underclassman to the 2016 NBA Draft