The Crimson Tide walked into College Station and stomped the Texas A&M Aggies, 41-23, on Saturday afternoon.
Alabama’s win was its second on the road over a Top 10 team this year, and third win against a Top 25 team on the road or at a neutral site.
Whether you missed the game — or just want to relive it — we have you covered today.
Here are five things to know:
- Nick Saban told his team to “get a fire in your ass.” Not the most delicate phrase, but Saban usually knows what to say. Alabama rebounded from a sluggish second quarter to put the game away in the second half.
- Derrick Henry is a beast. Where do we begin? 236 yards? Twelve straight games with a touchdown? The possibility that A&M simply did not want to tackle him?
- Lane Kiffin overruled Saban on a crucial play. Alabama converted on 4th-and-2, but Saban never wanted the ball snapped.
- The secondary had a record-setting day. Three touchdowns from your defense is a great gameplan against a Top 10 team on the road.
- ‘Bama struggled without center Ryan Kelly. And the big fella might be out next week with a concussion, too.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Alabama-Tennessee game time announced (SEC Country)
- Why Nick Saban almost grinned after Alabama’s second October statement. (Michael Casagrande, AL.com)
- More on Derrick Henry’s big game against Texas A&M. (Matt Zenitz, AL.com)
- Cam Robinson to the naysayers: “Don’t doubt ‘Bama” (247Sports.com‘s Charlie Potter)
- Even more on Derrick Henry’s day. (TideSports.com‘s Ben Jones)
- Even more on Derrick Henry’s day (again). (BleacherReport.com‘s Chris Walsh)