It’s only April, but one of Alabama’s SEC rivals decided to stir up the Tuscaloosa faithful on Monday. Get caught up with the latest news below.
Here are five things to know today:
- An Ole Miss player gave Alabama some bulletin-board material for the upcoming season, saying “it’s almost expected” to beat the Crimson Tide on an annual basis.
- February signee Raekwon Davis — a 6-foot-7, 330-pound defensive lineman — will officially be joining the Tide this season despite worries about his test scores.
- Former Crimson Tide running back Trent Richardson looks like a stud after shedding 20 pounds this offseason.
- One 5-star recruit likes Alabama because it reminds him of his military background.
- An elite defensive tackle from Virginia wants to visit Alabama soon.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Former Crimson Tide defensive lineman Jarran Reed expressed strong interest in playing for the Buffalo Bills (via BuffaloNews.com’s Tyler Dunne).
- MontgomeryAdvertiser.com reporter Duane Rankin outlined the Tide’s failed recruitment of 5-star basketball phenom Marques Bolden, and explained why Alabama has a shot at another star.
The best stories around the SEC
- The Department of Justice (yes, that Department of Justice) is looking into the NCAA’s ban on satellite camps.
- Former UGA receiver Malcolm Mitchell visited the Steve Harvey Show to promote his new book Monday.
- Former Mississippi State star Dak Prescott will not be watching the NFL draft this weekend. Here’s what he’ll be doing instead.