It’s NFL draft season, but there’s also plenty of recruiting news around the SEC this week.
Here are five things to know today:
- NFL Draft 2016: We read through 14 different mock drafts to figure out where experts project former Crimson Tide stars to land this weekend.
- New Alabama cornerback Shyheim Carter says “one side of the field belongs to me,” and he doesn’t seem to care that there is serious talent in front of him on the depth chart.
- One of the nation’s best defensive linemen has lived all over the country, but he’s interested in playing college ball in the South, and Alabama is high on his list.
- An elite wideout from Louisiana released his Top 10 on Wednesday, and — as expected — the Crimson Tide are still in the sweepstakes.
- Former Alabama defensive lineman A’Shawn Robinson showed off a softer side during a youth event Wednesday; he’s expected to be a first or second-round pick in this week’s NFL draft.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Ozzie Newsome, the general manager and vice president of the Baltimore Ravens — and former Crimson Tide star — will announce the No. 6 overall pick on Thursday during the NFL draft (AL.com’s Mark Inabinett).
- CBSSports.com’s Dennis Dodd wrote an in-depth piece explaining why Alabama juniors tend to make the correct decision when asking, “Should I stay or should I go?”