Thursday marked the beginning of the 2016 NFL Draft, and while Ole Miss had a nightmare first round, Alabama didn’t fare too well, either.
Here are five things to know today:
- Defensive line coach Bo Davis is reportedly leaving the program due to possible recruiting violations.
- News of Davis’ departure has already upset one of the nation’s best recruits, who promptly removed Alabama from consideration.
- The Indianapolis Colts selected former Alabama center Ryan Kelly No. 18 overall.
- Draft analysts were extremely high on Kelly before the event began, and they heaped plenty of praise on the All-American following his selection.
- Linebacker Reggie Ragland was one of several former Crimson Tide stars to not hear his name called Thursday (A’Shawn Robinson, Jarran Reed and Derrick Henry being the others). There might be a medical reason behind Ragland’s fall.
-Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- TimesFreePress.com’s Dave Paschall correctly predicted that Ohio State would overshadow Alabama on Thursday night.
- Derrick Henry landed a sponsorship deal, according to 247Sports.com’s Charlie Potter.
Crazy night for Tunsil
Former Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil was embroiled in controversy Thursday night. Here’s all of SEC Country’s coverage: