Alabama-LSU is in five days. SEC writers think LSU is the better team. National writers agree. Vegas does not. It’s going to be a long week.
Here are five things to know today:
- Defensive coordinator Kirby Smart is “very interested” in one non-SEC job. Nick Saban’s assistants continue to be tossed around the national rumor mill.
- Las Vegas favors Alabama over LSU. And it’s not really close.
- SEC writers think LSU is the obvious choice. And it’s really not close.
- The Crimson Tide are in the mix for Keyshawn Johnson’s kid. Oh, and Randy Moss’ kid is thinking about Tuscaloosa, too.
- ‘Bama remained frozen in the AP Top 25. They’re still in the Top 10, but no one budged in front of the Tide.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Alabama-LSU is only the third-best game remaining in the country this season, according to one list. Can you guess which Big 10 and Big 12 games were rated ahead of it?
- SEC Haters: Undefeated Memphis is better than one-loss Alabama.
- Ex-Alabama players have now scored a touchdown in 29 straight NFL weeks.
- ‘Bama corner Minkah Fitzpatrick was named the best freshman in the nation. (Rivals.com‘s Mike Farrell)
- The Tide remained at No. 7 in the Coaches Poll, but gained a little bit of ground. (AL.com‘s Michael Casagrande)