5 things every Alabama fan needs to know today
As the clock continues to tick between now and the Cotton Bowl, every minute of practice is precious to both Alabama and Michigan State. The Spartans have a tall order in containing Alabama and Heisman Trophy winner Derrick Henry, and on Monday they gave some indication of what their plan is. It’s a blunt one.
Here are five things to know:
- Michigan State’s plan of attack: Hit Henry “harder than we’ve ever hit anyone else.”
- But should Alabama be concerned about that? Not really.
- In terms of his own defense, Nick Saban wants junior linebacker Tim Williams to morph into a player that never comes out of the game.
- Who gets your vote: Peyton Manning or AJ McCarron?
- Florida quarterback Danny Wuerffel or Alabama running back Mark Ingram?
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- Henry will certainly have his work cut out for him. Michigan State’s front seven is a dominant unit, AL.com’s Matt Zenitz wrote.
- Which Michigan State players should Alabama fans be aware of when the Cotton Bowl rolls around? Zenitz has you covered.
- From sitting on the bench at Florida State to now leading this Alabama team, it’s been a heck of a ride for Alabama quarterback Jake Coker, AL.com’s Michael Casagrande wrote.
- Also from Casagrande, some notes on what Saban said in his press conference Monday.
- Catch up on everything you should know about Michigan State from the Montgomery Advertiser’s Marq Burnett.
The best stories around the SEC
- Odell Beckham Jr. has been suspended for a game because of his behavior against the Panthers on Sunday. An ESPN report said Beckham felt threatened when the Panthers brought baseball bats onto the field. But one Panthers player adamantly says that’s not the case.
- A feel-good story: A Florida commit officially got his acceptance letter, which moved his mother to tears.
- One Texas A&M commit has had a fantastic high school season. He dedicated his season to two children battling diseases.
- Ole Miss plays in the Sugar Bowl on New Year’s Day. Who better to pick out the Rebels’ uniforms than Archie Manning?
- South Carolina’s athletic director opened up about the decision to hire Will Muschamp as the Gamecocks’ new coach.