Happy Hump Day, Crimson Tide fans. Based on the batch of stories we’ve got for you today, it seems like Alabama is fighting to get over the hump too after a not-so-great Tuesday.
Here are five things to know:
- A former Alabama player was arrested on drug and gun charges.
- One of Nick Saban’s most trusted assistants will reportedly transition into an off-the-field role in 2016.
- A ‘Bama running back commit has an offer from Auburn and plans on paying the Tigers a visit.
- What are top 10 cities for football fans? Two SEC college towns made the cut.
- Jake Coker wasn’t invited to the NFL combine, but don’t fret yet.
Other Alabama news from around the Internet
- How does Bo Scarbrough stack up to Derrick Henry? Find out from some Alabama players, via 247Sports’ Charlie Potter.
- Alabama is known for its defense. AL.com’s John Talty took a look at how the Tide recruit such forceful D-linemen.
- One of the Crimson Tide’s preferred walk-ons is excited for what’s in store for him in Tuscaloosa, 247Sports’ Hank South wrote.
The best stories around the SEC
- Find out which conference got more TV viewers in 2015 than the SEC.
- Dr. Jamie Nauright has found herself in national headlines now that her accusations of sexual assault against Peyton Manning have resurfaced. But Manning wasn’t the only Tennessee figure involved. Naughright filed a complaint about more than two dozen other cases of sexual assault/discrimination she allegedly experienced or witnessed while at Tennessee.
- Can Leonard Fournette get any better than he already is?
- South Carolina coach Will Muschamp has a (pricy) new crib.
- Some of Peyton Manning’s current teammates gave their thoughts on him possibly retiring.